Monday, January 18, 2016

Stars Quilt Progress - At Last

A little down time = a little progress.  Finally get around to basting this little beauty for my nephew this weekend.  It's looking good :)

Gather up the quilt top.


Drag out out my giant bolt-o-batting.  Warm & Natural - one of my favorites to use.


Layer and Layer...


Okay...okay...not quite done because I only did the top... still need to decide on the backing design.  But at least it's progress right??  More to come.


Saturday, January 9, 2016

Autumn Colors in Winter

After the festivities of winter, it's been nice to just have a lazy weekend.  Nothing like a lazy weekend without WIP progress :).  This weekend I'm thinking of warm cozy autumn colors while cozying up next to the fireplace.

Looking for just the right color combos...



Sewing the little beauties into blocks...and much more to go ...


Happy winter everyone!

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

We're On Vacation :)

JAQS is on a little vacation to paradise this week :).  Aloha from beautiful Maui Hawaii.  Stores will re-open Dec 16 and 17th.  MAHALO!



Thursday, December 10, 2015

New GIANT Wreath - DIY

So, if you read this blog (or know me) you know I love wreaths.  So when our fireplace looked a little empty I shopped around for a new wreath - a GIANT new wreath.  Unfortunately the price tags ($$$++) was just too much.  No fear - imagination and glue gun to the rescue :)

Check out my new giant wreath - it's about 4 ft in diameter.

My secret item?  A giant HULA HOOP.

Here's a quick little picture peak of what I did.


I took an old hula hoop I found at a garage sale a little while ago (30 cents???).  Attached some metal clothes hangers to make sure there will be enough fullness to the wreath and a place for all the stuff to attach to.


Then I attached 2 ever-green (fake) garlands around the wreath.  Make sure to use floral wires to stabilize the garland before hot gluing it together.  I lay out the garland the way I want it look before using the glue gun.



Next DECORATE.  Add any type of flowers, ribbons, etc that you want.  I (again) stabilized it with wiring first then went nuts with the hot glue gun :)


Love the new wreath and I know we'll enjoy here for many many years to come.  And I saved a TON of money.  The whole project cost about $50 per wreath (I made 2 - one for my sister).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...