Simple apron that would cover above the belly button and about half way down the thigh - perfect for using around the sewing room.
Here's how I did it:
- Cut your fabrics:
- Top fabric: ~21" x 17"
- Lining fabric: ~19" x 13"
- Ties: 2 pieces 21" x 2.5"
- Fold 1/4" and sew down all raw edges of the lining and top fabric
- With the top fabric right side down , place the liner right side up on top of the top fabric. Make sure that the liner fabric is about 1 inch lower than the top fabric.
- Fold down the two short edges of the top fabric over the liner and sew down. Make sure that the top fabric is sewn so that the edge of the liner fabric is completely covered
- Fold down top edge of the top fabric about 1" over the liner fabric. Insert a tie on each end of the folded top. Sew down the top edge and the inserted ties.
I use this apron ALL the time. I try not to get it all greasy and yucky so I resist using it in the kitchen (hehe save my kitchen apron for that job). Now I am free to lean up against my cutting table all I want without having to worry about wearing down my shirts.
Thanks for stopping by and remember I like to share my projects at these creative linking parties.
Sewing Room ApronFabrics: Robert Kaufman's Metro Cafe, Natural Moda Solid, Sky Blue from Moda